Dance Off Challenge
The “Dance Off Challenge” (“Contest”) is organised by Tesco Malaysia (the “Organiser”). By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions, which shall form a valid and binding agreement between you and the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the rights to amend, add to or remove any of these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
1. This Contest will commence from 14 November 2019 and end on 13 December 2019 (“Contest Period”).
2. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Contest Period at any time without any prior notice.
3. The contestant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia who holds a valid National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) number (12-digit) and is above the age of 18 years at the time of participation (“Contestant”).
4. The following persons are not eligible to participate in said Contest:
- Permanent and/or contract employees of the Organiser (and its related companies) and their immediate family members (their parents, spouses, children, siblings and their respective spouses); and
- Representatives and/or agents (including advertising agents and contest management agents) of the Organiser and their immediate family members (their parents, spouses, children, siblings and their respective spouses).
5. To participate in this Contest, please follow the steps below:
Step 1 : Form your dance team of minimum 2 people*.
Step 2: Record your “Dance Off Challenge” Video by dancing to the full Back To School jingle which can be downloaded here http://bit.ly/TescoBTSChallenge
Step 3: Upload your video on your Instagram or Facebook and hashtag #TescoBTSChallenge along with the name of category you would like to contest in
- Best Choreography
- Best Parent & Child* Dance Off
- Best Sibling* Dance Off
Example: Here is my #TescoBTSChallenge, challenging for the Best Choreography category!
* There is no minimum age limit to the participants in the video, but where there is a minor or minors (under the age of 18 years old) appearing in the video, the Contestant who submits the video must be the parent/legal guardian of the said minor(s) and hereby give full consent for the said minor to participate in the Contest.
- There will be only ONE (1) Grand Prize winner for each category.
- Grand Prize winner will be entitled to ONE (1) set of a Nintendo Switch each
- Best Choreography
- Best Parent & Child Dance Off
- Best Sibling Dance Off
The first 200 valid entries will be entitled to get a RM 5 E-voucher, which will be shared with after you are contacted via DM upon your entry verification in within 14 business days.
1. Spend RM 50 to be eligible. Participants will have to keep their proof of purchase for verification purposes.
2. Participants are to submit entries based on desired category.
3. Participants are required to complete at least 30 seconds of dancing throughout the video with the jingle clearly heard in the background. Download jingle from here http://bit.ly/TescoBTSChallenge
4. Participants to tag #TescoBTSChallenge Malaysia in their submissions.
5. All entries must be submitted within the qualifying dates.
6. The Organiser will announce the winners of this Contest by publishing their names on the Tesco Malaysia Facebook page on the 3 January 2020.
The Organiser will tag the winners in the comment section of the winner announcement post. This is subject to winners’ privacy / tagging settings on Facebook. Winners are also required to send a private message to Tesco Malaysia Facebook page with the following details:
a. Full Name
b. NRIC Number
c. Mobile Number
d. Email Address
e. Home Address
f. Participants appearing in the video:
Relationship to Contestant:
Relationship to Contestant:[DC1]
7. Winners must provide details requested by the Organiser within 14 days after the Notification.
8. Winners must choose either to pick up their prizes at the Tesco Kepong Headquarter (Monday – Friday from 9am till 5pm) or to have the prize delivered to their home address.
9. If winners choose the delivery option, prizes will be posted to winners’ home addresses no later than 4 weeks from the reply to the Notification. However, in the event of the Organiser is required to post/courier a Prize to a winner, the Organiser will not be held liable of non-receipt of Prize or damages caused during the delivery process. No replacement and/or exchange of Prize will be entertained.
10. Each Contestant is entitled to win one (1) prize only during the whole Contest Period.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes with that of similar value at any time at their absolute discretion without prior notice and all Prizes are non-transferable to another individual and absolutely non-negotiable.
12. In the event, for any reason whatsoever, the winner did not respond to the notification, within the stipulated time period, the Prizes will be forfeited. The Organiser will neither reimburse or compensation nor give any extension of time to the winner.
13. All Prizes are given on an "As Is" basis and are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash, credit, other items or voucher, in part or in full.
14. The Organiser makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with respect to the Prizes and shall not be responsible nor liable for any issues and/or damage thereto or arising there from.
15. All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses that are incurred to participate in the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner.
16. In the event of the Organiser is required to post/courier a Prize to a winner, the Organiser will not be held liable of non-receipt of Prize or damages caused during the delivery process. No replacement and/or exchange of Prize will be entertained.
Other Terms & Conditions:
17. By participating in this Contest, the Contestant agrees (i) to the Organizer’s use of his/her name and/or photograph and the Contestant has obtained permission for the Organizer’s use of the name(s) and photograph(s) of the other person(s) appearing in the Contestant’s submission (“Other Participants”) as materials for the purposes of advertising, trade and/or publicity; and/or (ii) to the disclosure of the Contestants and/or Other Participants particulars to any third party service providers and/or partners engaged by the Organiser for purposes of the Contest and/or any customer survey in understanding Contestants' purchasing behavior.
18. In respect of the Other Participants who are minors or individuals not legally competent to give consent, the Contestants confirm that they are the lawful parent/legal guardian of the said minor(s)/individual(s) and consent on their behalf to their participation and the processing of their personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Contest.
19. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to this Contest shall be final and binding and no further correspondence or attempt to dispute such decision would be entertained.
20. By joining this Contest, you also acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
For more information or enquiries, please contact us at via Facebook Direct Message, Tesco Malaysia Facebook page on Mondays to Fridays, 9:00am to 6:00pm.
21. In the event of a conflict between the Bahasa Melayu language version and the English language version of the terms and conditions of this Contest, the English language version shall prevail.